Become a Club Leader
Becoming a 4-H club leader is an immensely rewarding volunteer experience. Youth need caring, supportive adults in their life. You can truly make a very positive difference in the lives of your club members.
To become a 4-H club leader, you need to complete the following steps.
- Read the Volunteer Application Packet and complete a 4-H Volunteer Application and Volunteer Application Supplement. Either click the link at the right or you can get application materials from the
Extension Office, which is located at:
120 East Main
Price , Utah 84501
- Return your completed application to the Extension Office.
- Your application will be reviewed and a background screening completed. You will receive notice from our office about the volunteer screening results.
- Attend 4-H New Club Leaders Orientation.
- Upon succesful completion of the background screening process and completion of 4-H Club Leader Orientation, you are an official 4-H club leader. You can begin your volunteer service. Welcome to the 4-H family!
Although 4-H Club Leader Orientation is the only mandatory training required, it merely provides the basics of being a 4-H club leader. All leaders are strongly encouraged to complete 4-H Core Training during their first year as a club leader. Check out the wealth of leader helps on the Utah 4-H website.
"The members who excel the most in 4-H are members of clubs with well-trained clubs leaders."